Dehradun Travel Guide (Char Dham)
Dehradun is the capital city of Uttarakhand and visited by a large number of tourist every year. The city has many beautiful rest houses and good hotels to provide accommodation to the tourist.
Dehradun is just 255 kms from New Delhi and well connected by Air (flights), Trains and Road transport from major and minor cities in India.
Dehradun and Char Dham Yatra
After Haridwar, Dehradun is the preferred starting point for pilgrims to start their Char Dham Yatra. Yamunotri temple is easily accessible from Dehradun.
Places to See in Dehradun
- Tapkeshawar Temple: Tapkeshwar Shiv Temple is an ancient place of worship and is situated on the banks of a rivulet, in the Garhi Cantt. Area, 5.5 Kms from the city bus stand, the temple is well connected by road.
- Sahastradhara: means the 'thousand fold spring' is situated at a distance of 11 kms from DehraDun.
- Laxman Siddh: 12 Kms Away from Dehradun towards Hardwar/Rishikesh is a famous temple known as the Laxman Siddh. Legend has it that a sage underwent penance over here.
- Malsi Deer Park: 10 Kms from Dehradun, enroute Mussoorie is situated a beautifully developed tourist spot lying at the foot hills of the Shivalik range.
- Chandrabani: situated 7 Kms from Dehradun on the Dehradun-Delhi road is the famous temple of Chandrabani(Gautam Kund).
- Sai Darbar: situated 8 Kms along the Clock Tower on Rajpur Road, is the Sai Darbar Temple.
- Tibetan Temple: situated on Rajpur Road near the Sai Darbar Temple is a huge and colourful temple of Lord Buddha.
- Robber’s Cave (Guchhupani): An ideal place for a picnic, Robber’s Cave is just 8 Kms away from the City Bus Stand.
- Lachhiwala: 3 Kms from Doiwala and 22 Kms from Dehradun, on the Hardwar/Rishikesh road is Lachhiwala. The serene and blissful spot is famous for its picnic spots.
- Bhagirathi Resort: An 18 Kms drive along the Chakrata road, Bhagirathi Resort at Selaqui, Dehradun lends a breath-taking spectacle of the Himalayan ranges. The resort lures the tourists with its tranquil swimming pool, water slides and fountains.
- Santala Devi Temple: About 15 Kms from Dehradun to reach the famous temple of Santaula Devi.
- Tapowan: Approximately, 5 kms from the City Bus Stand on the Dehradun-Rajpur road, this place is situated in beautiful surroundings.
- Asan Barrage Water Sports Resort: water sports resort has been developed at the Asan Barrage by Garhwal Mandal Vikas Nigam GMVN in the year 1994.
- Dakpathar: 45 Kms from Dehradun, Dakpathar is a beautiful tourist spot in the western Doon Valley, amidst the Shivalik range.
Dehradun in Char Dham Road Route Plan
Haridwar - Rishikesh - Dehardun - Mussoorie - Chamba - Tehri - Dharasu - Barkot - Sayana Chatti - Hanuman Chatti - Jankichatti - Yamunotri - Uttarkashi - Harsil - Gangotri (Gaumukh) - Srinagar - Rudraprayag - Augustmuni - Phata - Sitapur - Guptkashi - Gaurikund - Kedarnath - Ukhimath - Chopta - Gopeshwar - Chamoli - Pipalkoti - Joshimath (Auli) - Govindghat - Hanuman Chatti - Badrinath - Nandprayag - Karnprayag - Devprayag
Dehradun Hotels and Resorts
There are many options for accommodation in Dehradun during Char Dham Yatra. Following is the list of hotels, resorts, guest houses in Dehradun.
List of Dehradun Hotels
- GMVN Drona Hotel (Know more about GMVN Dehradun Drona Hotel TRH)
- GMVN Asan TRH (know more about GMVN Asan Tourist Rest House Dehradun)
- GMVN Sahastradhara (know more about GMVN Sahastradhara Tourist Rest House Dehradun)
- GMVN Dakpatha (know more about: GMVN Dakpathar Tourist Rest House Dehradun)
- Aketa Hotel in Dehradun (for booking visit: Hotel Aketa)
- Amrit Regency (for booking visit: Hotel Amrit Regency)
- Doon Castle (for booking visit: Doon Castle Dehradun )
- Doon Regency (for booking visit: Hotel Doon Regency)
- Great Value Hotel (for booking visit: Hotel Great Value)
- Dehradun Pacific Hotel (for booking visit: Hotel Pacific)
- Panchvati Guest House (for booking visit: Panchvati Guest House)
- Hotel President Dehradun (for booking visit: Hotel President)
- Queens Pearl Inn (for booking visit: Queens Pearl Inn)
- Rajpur Heights Dehradun (for booking visit: Hotel Rajpur Heights)
- Hotel Relax (for booking visit: Hotel Relax)
- Royal Inn Dehradun (for booking visit: Royal Inn)
- Shiva Residency (for booking visit: Shiva Residency)
- Softel Plaza (for booking visit: Softel Plaza)
- Hotel Sunrise (for booking visit: Hotel Sunrise)
- Surbhi Palace (for booking visit: Surbhi Palace)
- The Central Hotel (for booking visit: The Central Hotel)
- Vishranti Doon Valley Resort (for booking visit: Vishranti Doon Valley Resort Spa)