Mussoorie Travel Guide (Char Dham)
Mussoorie is a famous hill station in Uttarakhand known as - Queen of Hills. It is located about 35 km from Dehradun and 290 km from New Delhi. This hill station, situated in the foothills of the Garhwal Himalayan ranges.
Mussoorie is at an altitude of 2005 metres, offer green hills and varied flora and fauna, is a fascinating hill resort. Commanding snow ranges to the north-east, and glittering views of the Doon Valley and Shiwalik ranges in the south, the town was once said to present a 'fairyland' atmosphere to tourists.
Mussoorie during Char Dham Yatra
Mussoorie is called the "Gateway" to Yamunotri and Gangotri Shrines of Northern India. The closest rail station is Dehradun. Taxis are easily available for Mussorie as are buses at regular intervals.
Tourist and pilgrims starting their char dham yatra from Dehradun, have to go through this beautiful hill station - Mussoorie. You can also take halt at Mussoorie and enjoy the best of nature with you holy tour.
Mussoorie Places of tourist interest
- Camel Back Road: Mussoorie has a beautiful nature walk known as "Camel's Back Road". This road takes its name from a rocky outcrop in the shape of a camel's hump. Along the road, a beautiful cemetery is located about mid-way on the loop.
- Gun Hill - a cannon was used to sound out midday for many years in Mussoorie. Gun Hill is accessible by the cable car on the Mall road. GunHill Second Highest point of Mussoorie, at an altitude of 2024 mts.
- Kempty falls - is a nice picnic spot.
- Company Garden - is popular tourist destination. During season, the Company Garden has beautiful collection of flowers and plants.
- Happy Valley - has a small Tibetan temple. This was the first Tibetan temple built in India. The temple was constructed in 1960 by the Tibetan refugees.
- Lal Tibba - is another tourist spot of Mussoorie. Beautiful Dhanaulti is about 32 kilometres from Mussorie. Mussoorie also had India's largest roller skating rink.
- Lake Mist - About 5 km before Kempty falls on the Mussoorie-Kempty road is a developed good picnic spot with accommodation and restaurant facilities, boating is also available.
- Ivy Bank Guest House- Landour Cantt. It is a pretty little guest house with white window panes and comfort available at inexpensive rates.
- Municipal Garden - It is picnic spot having a beautiful garden and an artificial mini lake with paddled boating facility. It is located at a distance of 4 km by rickshaw cycles, pony or by a car and 2 km via Waverly Convent School road on foot.
- Mussoorie Lake - a newly developed picnic spot build by City Board & Mussoorie Dehradun Development Authority, is situated at 6 km on Mussoorie-Dehradun road having a facility of pedaled boats.
- Childer's Lodge - Also known as "Nahata Estate" is situated at 5 km from the Tourist Office and one can go on horse back or on foot. The view of snow-clad mountains is exhilarating.
- Bhatta Falls - 7 km from Mussoorie on Mussoorie-Dehradun Road near Bhatta Village.A fall with different ponds for bathing and water amusements, ideal place for picnic.
- Jharipani Fall - Located at 8.5 km from Mussoorie on Mussoorie-Jharipani road.
- Mossy Fall - The fall is surrounded by a dense forest and is 7 km from Mussoorie. One can go there via Barlowganj or Balahisar.
- Nag Devta Temple - An ancient temple dedicated to Snake God Lord Shiva and is situated on Cart Mackenzie Road about 6 km from Mussoorie on the way to Dehradun.
- Jwalaji Temple (Benog Hill) - Situated at an altitude of 2240 m, this temple is 9 km west of Mussoorie.
- Van Chetna Kendra - 11 km to the South of library point lies an old sanctuary established in 1993 and covering an area of 339 hectares.
Mussoorie in Char Dham Road Route Plan
Haridwar - Rishikesh - Dehradun - Mussoorie - Chamba - Tehri - Dharasu - Barkot - Sayana Chatti - Hanuman Chatti - Jankichatti - Yamunotri - Uttarkashi - Harsil - Gangotri (Gaumukh) - Srinagar - Rudraprayag - Augustmuni - Phata - Sitapur - Guptkashi - Gaurikund - Kedarnath - Ukhimath - Chopta - Gopeshwar - Chamoli - Pipalkoti - Joshimath (Auli) - Govindghat - Hanuman Chatti - Badrinath - Nandprayag - Karnprayag - Devprayag
Mussoorie Hotels and Resorts
There are many options for accommodation in Mussoorie during Char Dham Yatra. Following is the list of hotels, resorts, guest houses in Mussoorie.
List of Mussoorie Hotels
- Avalon Resorts (for booking visit Avalon Resorts Mussoorie )
- Hotel Basera (for booking visit Basera )
- Hotel Deep (for booking visit Deep )
- Hotel Emerald Heights (for booking visit Emerald Heights )
- Filigree (for booking visit Hotel Filigree )
- Fortune Resort Grace (for booking visit Fortune Resort Grace )
- Hotel Green Castle (for booking visit Green Castle )
- Green n Breeze Resort (for booking visit Green n Breeze Resort )
- Hotel Hill Queen (for booking visit Hill Queen )
- HImalayan Club (for booking visit Himalayan Club )
- Hotel Honeymoon Inn(for booking visit Honeymoon Inn )
- Imperial Square (for booking visit Imperial Square )
- Kasmanda Palace (for booking visit Kasmanda Palace )
- Hotel Mall Palace (for booking visit Mall Palace )
- Mussoorie Country Inn Resort (for booking visit Mussoorie Country Inn Resort )
- Mussoorie Gateway Resort (for booking visit Mussoorie Gateway Resort )
- Nand Residency (for booking visit Hotel Nand Residency )
- Padmini Niwas (for booking visit Padmini Niwas )
- Park Plaza Sylverton (for booking visit Park Plaza Sylverton )
- Pearl Royal Residency (for booking visit Pearl Royal Residency )
- Pine Retreat Resort (for booking visit Hotel Pine Retreat )
- Rink Pavillion (for booking visit Rink Pavilion )
- Shiva Continental (for booking visit Shiva Continental )
- Surbee Resort (for booking visit Surbee Resorts )
- The Karma Villas Resort (for booking visit The Karma Vilas Resort )
- Vishnu Palace Hotel (for booking visit Vishnu Palace )
- GMVN Garhwal Terraces Tourist Guest House (Know more about GMVN Mussoorie)
- Hotel Broadway, Mussoorie
- Hotel Midtown, Mussoorie
- Vikas Hotel, Mussoorie
- Shipra Hotel, Mussoorie
- Hotel Shilton, Mussoorie
- Hotel Madhuban Highlands, Mussoorie
- Monarch Hotel, Mussoorie
- Hotel Surya Kiran, Mussoorie
- Hotel Ratan, Mussoorie
- Hotel Wild Flower House, Mussoorie
- Ilbert Manor, Mussoorie
- Brentwood Hotel, Mussoorie
- Peak View Hotel, Mussoorie
- Solitaire Plaza, Mussoorie
- Sun Rise, Mussoorie
- Silver Rock Hotel, Mussoorie
- Camp Spring Side, Mussoorie
- Himalaya Castle Hotel, Mussoorie
- Cherubin Hotel, Mussoorie
- Ambika Palace Hotel, Mussoorie
- Hakman's Grand, Mussoorie
- Ashiyana Continental Hotel, Mussoorie
- Carlton's Plaisance, Mussoorie
- Savoy Hotel, Mussoorie
- Starz Regency Hotel, Mussoorie
- Hotel Sun N Star, Mussoorie
- Hotel Dwaper, Mussoorie
- Hotel Horizon, Mussoorie
- Valley View Hotel, Mussoorie
- Hotel Clarks, Mussoorie
- Sunny Cot, Mussoorie
- Hotel Classic Heights, Mussoorie
- Hotel Mall Palace, Mussoorie
- Hotel Library Presidency, Mussoorie
- Bird House, Mussoorie
- Hotel Hard Rock, Mussoorie
- Hotel Luxmount, Mussoorie
- Hotel Ashoka Continental, Mussoorie
- The Pearl, Mussoorie
- Dunsvirk Court, Mussoorie
- Hotel Drive Inn, Mussoorie
- The Claridges Nabha Residence, Mussoorie
- The Highness Heights, Mussoorie
- Connaught Castle, Mussoorie
- Jaypee Residency Manor, Mussoorie
- Brentwood Sanctuary, Mussoorie
- Comfort Inn Fort Resorts, Mussoorie
- Oasis Resort, Mussoorie
- Jharipani Castle Resort, Mussoorie
- Sterling Holiday Resorts, Mussoorie
- Avalon Ayurveda Resort, Mussoorie
- Royal Orchid Fort Resort, Mussoorie
- Nature Lap Resort , Mussoorie