IRCTC Char Dham Yatra 10 Days Economical Package
Char Dham Package Tariff from IRCTC (Indian Railways Travels).
Single Occupancy: Rs 35550/-*
Double Occupancy: Rs 20700/-*
Triple Occupancy: Rs 19150/-*
Child With Extra Bed: Rs 12300/-*
* Rates mentioned are per person.
Available Seats: 10 seats Every Friday on coach basis.
IRCTC CharDham Tour Itinerary
Tour Itinerary: Haridwar - Jankichatti - Yamunotri - Uttarkashi - Kirtinagar - Kedarnath - Birahi - Badrinath - Hardiwar
Day 1: Arrive Haridwar -
Arrival at the hotel. Check in. Overnight stay (Applicable meals will be provided to the cleints on AP) in Haridwar.
Day 2: Haridwar / Janakichatti (210 Kms/ 10 Hrs)
Early morning wake up call for ganges bathing and Surya Namaskar at Saptrishi Ghat, breakfast and later leave for journey to first of your Dham, Yamunotri, daughter of The daughter of the Sun god, Surya and consciousness, Sangya. The Yamuna, like the Ganges, has been elevated to the status of a divine mother for the Hindus and has been held responsible for nurturing and developing the Indian civilization. Lunch enroute. Another journey breaks before Barkot to continue our final overnight destination Janakichatti. Bonfire, Dinner & overnight stay at Janakichatti.
Day 3: Janakichatti / Yamunotri (05 Kms trek / 06 Hrs)
Wake up call, leave with packed breakfast / fruits for trek to Yamunotri, your first of Himalayan Chardham. Return in time for Lunch at Janakichatti. Free time for leisure post lunch. Evening Folk Cultural Program, bonfire followed by Dinner. Stay overnight at Janakichatti.
Approximate Expenses Janakichatti - Yamunotri: Horse Rs.700 & Doli Rs.1000
Day's Engagement -
Yamunotri, First of The Chardham: The chief attraction at Yamunotri is the temple devoted to the Goddess Yamuna. The temple of Yamuna, on the left bank of the Yamuna, was constructed by Maharaja Pratap Shah of Tehri Garhwal. The deity is made of black marble. Yamunotri was the home of an ancient sage Asit Muni. Yamuna is the daughter of the Sun just like Yama who is considered his son. It is believed that Yama would not torment any person at the time of death who bathes in Yamuna, his sister. It is Yamuna, who being a holder of infinite love and compassion can grant us freedom from even death, in the realm of her elder brother.
Day 4: Janakichatti / Uttarkashi (06 Hrs)
Post leisurely wakeup call and breakfast, leave for Uttarkashi, literally meaning Kashi of north. Enroute Journey breaks at Brahamkhal and Dharasu band. Later reach Uttarkashi in time for Lunch. Rest of the evening at leisure. Early dinner & stay overnight at Uttarkashi.
Day 5: Uttarkashi / Gangotri / Uttarkashi (200 Kms / 10 Hrs)
Early morning wakeup call and light breakfast proceed for Gangotri. Enroute journey break at Gangnani, hot water spring, later continue for Gangotri temple. Post Puja, lunch at Gangotri. Later leave for Uttarkashi. Dinner & stay overnight at Uttarkashi.
Day's Engagement -
Gangotri, second of Chardham: Gangotri, the origin of the River Ganges and seat of the goddess Ganga, is one of the four sites in the Char Dham pilgrimage circuit. The river is called Bhagirathi at the source and acquires the name Ganga (Ganges) from Devprayag onwards where it meets the Alaknanda. The origin of the holy river is at Gaumukh, set in the Gangotri Glacier, and is a 19 km trek from Gangotri.
This small town is centered around a temple of the goddess Ganga, which was built by the Nepalese General, Amar Singh Thapa in the early 18th century. The temple is closed on Diwali day every year and is reopened in April/ May. According to Hindu mythology, Goddess Ganga took the form of a river to absolve the sins of King Bhagiratha's predecessors, following his severe penance of several centuries.
No other river is wound as closely with the warp and weft of Hinduism as the Ganga in India. Venerated since time immemorial as spiritual purifier, and the giver of health and prosperity, it is part of the country's social and religious fabric. The irresistible attraction of these sacred waters, enhanced by the myths and legends woven around the river and its origins, has drawn ascetics and adventurers alike since mythical times. The pilgrimage to Gangotri, the temple dedicated to the Goddess Ganga near the source of the river, and one of the Char Dhams of Uttarakhand, is among the most sanctifying experiences of a Hindu's life; and as uplifting and inspiring for the traveller. Millions of pilgrims and travellers have undertaken the yatra to Gangotri for centuries in search of salvation and the sacred river has provided them succor and hope.
Day 6: Uttarkashi / Rudraprayag (10 Hrs)
Leisurely wakeup call and post breakfast leave for special Jalabhishek at Kashi Vishwanath temple before leaving for Kedarnath, one of the twelve Jyotirlingas. En route Picnic Set up Lunch at Chamba. Dinner & stay overnight Rudraprayag.
Day 7: Rudraprayag / Gaurikund / Kedarnath (10 Hrs)
Very Early morning wakeup call and breakfast proceed to Gaurikund with packed lunch to later trek for Kedarnath. Stay overnight at Kedarnath.
Day's Engagement -
Kedarnath Temple, third of Chardham: Kedarnath, the remotest and the most magnificent of the Chardham, is located in Lord Shiva's own country. The sheer majesty of the shrine's natural setting - the towering mountains mantled in snow, the tumbling streams and rivers, and green meadows and forests and the arduous trek that gets you to it, serve to further cement the deep-rooted faith that this temple inspires in the devout. This is one sacred site that has remained almost unchanged for centuries and has a spiritual energy all its own. For the devotee of Lord Shiva, this is the last frontier, the ultimate path to salvation.
Day 8: Kedarnath / Birahi (10 Hrs)
Early morning wakeup call and breakfast proceed to Gaurikund to continue your journey to Birahi. Lunch en route at Midway. Overnight at Birahi.
Day 9: Birahi / Badrinath (04 Hrs)
Leisurely Morning Wake Up call and post breakfast drive for Badrinath. Evening darshan & Pooja at Badrinath Temple. Stay overnight at Badrinath.
Badrinath - and its route is, for the newcomer, a journey of initiation. For those who are visiting the shrine, the landmarks and vistas forever provide a newer view, a different emotion, a further nuance to an experience in memory. The journey to Badrinath can sometimes be unforgiving, but only to a closed mind. The people visiting the shrine are but the faces of the country. Journey from Rishikesh to Badrinath, to borrow from one of Sir Edmund Hillary's expeditions, is, in many ways, a journey from the ocean to the sky, as much mental as physical. Another route to heaven and spiritual liberation.
Day 10: Badrinath / Kirtinagar (8-10 Hrs)
Leisurely morning wakeup call and post breakfast leave for Kirtinagar. Enroute lunch at Birahi. Later leave for Kirtinagar.
Day 11: Kirtinagar / Haridwar (5-7Hrs)
Leisurely wakeup call and leave for after breakfast proceed to Haridwar, en route visit Devprayag and Rishikesh.
END OF THE TOUR
Char Dham Tour Package Inclusions from IRCTC:
- 01 Nights accommodation at Haridwar, 02 night at Jankichatti, 02 nights at Uttarkashi,02 nights at Kirtinagar, 01 night at Kedarnath, 01 night at Birahi, 01 night at Badrinath.
- Road Transportation by Non A/C Coach, Mini coach or Tempo Traveler (depending upon the number of passenger booked for the tour) for the entire tour.
- All sightseeing and excursion as per the itinerary.
- Meals Included - Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner (AP Plan).
- Services of Experience Tour Escorts.
- Pick up & drop from Laxmi Sadan or similar.
- Toll Tax , parking , and other Govt. applicable Taxes.
- 01 Mineral Water bottle daily for each paying client.
- Travel Insurance.
- Package Excludes:
- Any kind of train/ airfare fare.
- Any portage at hotels, tips, insurance, mineral water, telephone charges, laundry and all items of personal nature .
- Any Still / Video Camera fees, entrance fees for monuments and any activities suggested in the itinerary are chargeable direct.
- Any additional meals / en route meals, sightseeing and activities other than those mentioned in the itinerary.
- Any charges for hiring pony/doli, charges for Pooja/Abhishek etc.
- Any service not specified in inclusions.
- Above rates are subject to availability.
- Cancellation charges as per company policy.
- Room categories in all packages are the base category rooms unless stated otherwise.
- Final confirmation in the proposed hotels is subject to the availability at the time of booking, else similar category hotel will be provided.
Terms & Conditions
- Being a cost value package, personalized service is not viable; hence please converge with the group. In case of any assistance required do contact our Tour Managers.
- Kindly queue up while boarding the busses and don't rush at the accommodation centre. It is the duty of the co-passengers to provide seats first for the Handicapped and older people. Please do not request our representative for blocking any seat.
- You should adhere to the time announced by the Tour Representatives. Failing which you will have to come to the next destination on your own expenses.
- While traveling, there might be some delay in providing food, so old people & diabetic passengers may carry some refreshments.
- Please keep yourself patient and calm during the tour journey and speak politely to all other tourists, staffs and officers on duty. Avoid any unlawful arguments and disquieting the beauty of tour programme.
- There may be changes in sightseeing that may be caused due to situations which may arise & the same has to be adhered to.
- You should carry an Identity Card (Voter Card, Driving License, Pan Card, Passport or any Govt. Identity Card) while traveling, this is for verification when needed.
- In case of any problem arising due to some natural calamity or abnormal situation, alternate arrangements will be made for which extra cost is to be borne by the tourists.
- The passengers will have to bear all medical expenses incurred on them, if need arises.
- Any other terms and conditions applied as may be decided by IRCTC at any point of time.
For cancellation of your ticket, please log in to your account, select the Tour Confirmation Number of the ticket you wish to cancel and cancel your ticket from your booked history on line. Cancellation of your Ticket is possible only on the website www.railtourismindia.com, and is NOT possible on PRS Counters.
If the user wishes to cancel his ticket, cancellation rules for Land (Holiday) and Rail Tour Packages as under:
Up to 15 days (excluding departure date) - 100/- per passenger
Up to 8-14 days (excluding departure date) - 25% of the package cost
Up to 4-7 days (excluding departure date) - 50% of the package cost
Less than 4 days - 100% of the package cost
Package cost includes:
Package cost excludes: